Decoding on Android

Tonu Jaansoo chain at bsd.ee
Sat Jul 27 01:20:48 PDT 2013

Hi!

I just got test app running on android. I tested on Samgsung GS4. It has a demo full hd video Helicopter.mp4 bundled. It seems that gstreamer uses androidmedia plugin to decode in hardware.
The plugin decodes a frame, in every two seconds, then after a while it stops. At the same time cpu is free, so i assume there is a software bug? Are there any other acceleration plugins for android?
How does gst-omx integrate with android? At the same time with gst-libav, decoding in software, gave around 10fps with the same full hd video.

I used gst.*-1.0.8 modules.

Tonu.