change "location" of filesrc element without breaking tcpserversink connection

Sergio Ortega sortegagamero at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 11:21:33 PDT 2013

What kind of errors have you got? Could you put here the logs?

When do you have to change the location? Well, basically when you want. If
you want to play a video until its end then you have to wait for the EOS
event. If you want to do it at second 20, then you must wait for the
corresponding DTS buffer. I forgot to tell you one thing. You can't do a
seek or set to NULL an element from within the event probe. You must start
a thread ( usually a pthread or a GTask) and do it from outside of the
probe. Of course the probe must wait for the operation, so that also
implies using a semaphore.

You're welcome!

SERGIO