Video source (webcam) for win32

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz at cpw.pidgin.im
Sun Jun 2 21:32:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get working video source on win32 gstreamer (both 0.10
and 1.0). I see, that gstksvideosrc and gstdshowvideosrc isn't
buildable on recent 0.10 nor 1.0 releases.

My question is: is there any working video source, that I could use
for accessing webcam from win32?

I tried to fix gstksvideosrc shipped with gst-plugins-bad-1.0.7 (see
[1]), but it doesn't seems to be an easy task - I've managed to get it
building, but it won't work (there is no gst_pad_alloc_buffer routine
in 1.0, see mingw-shotgun-debugging.patch). Am I near the solution, or
fixing this module is a dead end?

Tomek

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=mingw32-gst-plugins-bad&project=home%3Atomkiewicz%3Agst1