gstreamer sdk python query_position fail

lestoilfante lestoilfante at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 06:41:51 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

my pipeline look like this
souphttpsrc ! jpegdec ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1 !
timeoverlay ! queue ! theoraenc ! oggmux ! filesink
where theoraenc, oggmux and filesink are in seprate bin so I can change it
dynamically.

In my python code I'm trying to get current pipeline position by calling
this function:

def getPosition(self):
try:
self.position = self.pipeline.query_position(gst.FORMAT_TIME, None) [0]
print self.position
return True
except:
print "FAIL"
return True

Sadly my function always fail with "gst.QueryError: Query failed", no
matter if calling it once when I need it or periodically by adding

gobject.timeout_add(100, self.getPosition)

Same code on my old ubuntu 10.04 with standard gstreamer installation
(0.10.28)) works fine.
Any hint?

Thank you