Win32: could not negotiate format for ksvideosrc

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz at cpw.pidgin.im
Tue Jun 4 08:59:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get any working video source for Windows. I've managed
to build gst-plugins-bad-0.10 with winks support (see my OBS project
[1]), but it doesn't seems to work: I get "Could not negotiate format"
error message (see below)

$ ./gst-launch-0.10 -v ksvideosrc ! fakesink
(...)
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstKsVideoSrc:ksvideosrc0:
Could not negotiate format
gstbasesrc.c(2830): gst_base_src_start ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstKsVideoSrc:ksvideosrc0:
Check your filtered caps, if any
(...)

I tried to look at its output with GST_DEBUG="*:4" set, but I don't
see anything what could help me. I've extracted lines that are
interesting in my opinion [2] and the full log [3].

Please, help me determining, why it doesn't work for me. At least,
please point me the direction, where I could make further steps.

Tomek

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Atomkiewicz%3Agst0
[2] http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=wxTQaGht
[3] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5448886/pidgin-debug/winks-negotiation-full.txt