Capturing jpegs from an h264 stream

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Jun 5 07:44:06 PDT 2013

Le mercredi 05 juin 2013 à 11:42 +0100, Alex Hewson a écrit :

> I think there is no transport since it's pure video with no need to
> mux
> in anything else.  I've uploaded an example video to
> http://mocko.org.uk/objects/2013/06/testvideo.h264 if you'd like to
> examine it.

The problem is that this stream has no-timestamp information, and
videorate will rely on that to drop frames. One thing that could be
contributed is that videorate could compute timestamp base on caps
framerate if there is no information in the buffers. Or you could write
a little software that insert a probe before jpegenc, and drop 24
buffers out of 25.

just ideas,
Nicolas