Capturing jpegs from an h264 stream

Alex Hewson mock at mocko.org.uk
Wed Jun 5 08:17:09 PDT 2013

On 05/06/2013 16:12, Alex Hewson wrote:
> Since I have control of the framerate with raspivid's --framerate
> option could I somehow hardcode the timestamps early in my gstreamer
> pipeline?

A little google-fu turns up an old post on this list -
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Received-buffer-without-timestamp-duration-td2279050.html

The author says "Try adding videorate and audiorate plugins in the
respective branches of the pipeline. These plugins will add timestamp
field to the buffer which comes from filesrc" - so would something as
simple as inserting videorate after decodebin give me valid timestamps?

--
Alex Hewson
m: +44 7895 265219 | e: mock at mocko.org.uk | Skype: alex.hewson