Long delay switching media mid-stream.

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:01:51 PDT 2013

No, I can't do that because playbin is too primitive for my needs. I'm
writing a video-wall application that displays movies (and other media
sources) spread across a bunch of monitors. Switching between different
media can involve tearing down and rebuilding parts of the pipeline as
things change.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Brendan Long <self at brendanlong.com> wrote:

> If you're using playbin, you can just add a callback on the
> "about-to-finish" signal, and then set a new "uri".
>
> On 06/04/2013 03:13 PM, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> > Right now when my application is playing video files in succession
> > there is only a momentary pause between the end of one and the start
> > of another.
> >
> > Just today I put in an option to abort the currently playing file and
> > move on to the next one. I did this in an entirely naive way, by just
> > calling g_main_loop_quit as if I had received an EOS message, and
> > letting my code select the next file in the sequence and setting
> > element properties accordingly.

Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.
https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/77228