Doubt on video formats supported by various plugins

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 08:57:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

That's precisely what I want to know. How does an element like deinterlacer
deinterlaces say UYVY chroma format? Or videoscaler support Y42B format? I
presume they will work only on selective chroma formats like I420, YV12 etc.
If the data isn't available in such formats, they will internally call
videoconvert to support  to such formats. Correct me if I'm wrong

Regards,
Jagadish