Input through udpsrc issue

JasonP raju.babannavar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 23:23:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am facing timestamp calculation issues with the network input to
gstreamer(version 1.0.4). I have a ts file, its details are given below. If
I pass this to my pipeline through filesrc I dont see any issue. It works
perfectly fine. If I send the same file through network over udp I am seeing
timestamp calculation issues. I want to understand timestamp calculation
methods for file input and network input. Can anybody help me out here?
	I found that pts of video is half of the pts of audio, so within 2 mins the
pipeline is going to hang mode(all threads are in pthread_condwait mode).
Also I am seeing fps variation because of wrong timestamp values. I found
that in case of network input, priv->reordered_output flag is getting set in
gstvideodecode.c file. Can anybody explain me which component is enabling
this flag and why? My pipeline is like this.

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=10000 ! decodebin ! deinterlace mode=0 fields=1
method=4 tff=0 ! tee ! queue ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=640,height=360 ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink
host=<hostip> port=<port>

TS FILE DETAILS:
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
Overall bit rate                         : 8 237 Kbps

VIDEO
ID                                       : 1002 (0x3EA)
Menu ID                                  : 1200 (0x4B0)
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main at L4.0
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : 27
Bit rate                                 : 7 312 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.141
Color primaries                          : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4,
SMPTE RP177
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4
709, SMPTE RP177

Audio #1
ID                                       : 1003 (0x3EB)
Menu ID                                  : 1200 (0x4B0)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Codec ID                                 : 4
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -630ms
Language                                 : English

Audio #2
ID                                       : 1004 (0x3EC)
Menu ID                                  : 1200 (0x4B0)
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Mode extension                           : ME (music and effects)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : 6
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -781ms
Stream size                              : 4.65 MiB (5%)
Language                                 : Hindi

Thanks in advance
Regards
JasonP

-----