Setting a writeable flag for the appsink blocksize property

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 03:25:14 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 11:12 +0100, George Demetriades wrote:

Hi,

> I'm trying to control the size of the buffer passed to my program by
> the appsink element, and someone on this mailing list helpfully
> recommended that I look at the "blocksize" property. I've tried to
> change it, but GST_BUFFER_SIZE still reports the same value as before,
> and not the one set by my code.
>

> Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the writeable flag for
> the blocksize property? I haven't been able to find any documentation
> on how to set individual flags, and I'm a bit stuck otherwise.

The "blocksize" property is only a hint, for sources that have a choice.

In the case of appsrc you will push buffers into the pipeline, and
appsrc will push them in as you pass them to appsrc. The blocksize
property will be ignored by appsrc.

If you want to chunk things yourself before pushing them into appsrc you
might find GstAdapter useful.

Cheers
 -Tim