Help: playbin2 --> x264enc --> fakesink stalling

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 13:54:01 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a playbin2 pipeline to which I attached a custom video bin of
x264enc --> fakesink.

When it starts it works as I expect it to but as soon as it tries to play
the second file loaded by the about_to_finish handler it stalls. In this
failure mode no debug is seen when set to *:5. The last thing seen is
queue_dataflow gstqueue.c:1013:gst_queue_chain:<vqueue> (vqueue:sink) wait
for DEL: 3 of 0-3 buffers, 1382400 of 0-0 bytes, 120000000 of 0-0 ns, 3
items
but googling hasn't revealed anything worthwhile.

I used to think that it just stalled for forever but it actually stalls for
3 minutes then plays for 1 minute (of a 2 minute file), stalls for 3
minutes, plays for one minute etc.

What have I done wrong ??

Cheers,

Paddy