Generic error of GStreamer

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 12:35:05 PDT 2013

Il 09/06/2013 16:29, Tim-Philipp Müller ha scritto:
> You can do that by creating a GstBin, adding a videobalance to it, and
> your videosink (with both linked together). Then you create a "ghost
> pad" that has videobalance's sink pad as "target". Then you add that
> ghost pad to the GstBin, and then you can set that bin as video-sink
> on playbin2. That's roughly what totem does as well. In 1.0 playbin
> contains a colorbalance internally already, fwiw.

Well, I'm still a newbie and I'm not sure I fully understand what you
suggested... Anyway I'm going to try it and if I still have some doubts
I'll come back here :-)

About gstreamer-1.0. I'm using gstreamer in Qt, and there is no
qt-gstreamer-1.0 currently, afaik. So I'm stuck with gstreamer-0.10...

> It's not that easy really, you'll have to shut down the pipeline
> before changing the source.

I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about switching the source on-the-fly. I'd
like to have a working pipeline and change the source at compile time.

> "the docs" ? :)
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-pads.html
> Cheers -Tim

I'm studying that chapter and the others. The difficult ("my" difficult)
is the guide doesn't explain when and why use an element rather than
another. It just defines them.

Marco