dynamic pipeline in gstreamer 1.0.7

bilva navathe bilvanavathe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 06:03:45 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have attached a sample code.
This is derived from the basic example at :
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-helloworld.html
with the following changes :

1. audio elements were replaced with video
2. filesrc was replaced with appsrc & the code related to it

I compiled this using :

 gcc -Wall -g  ./gst_dynamic_padding_expt.c -g $(pkg-config --cflags --libs
gstreamer-1.0) -lgstapp-1.0 -o dynamic_pipeline

If I run this with a sample input flv file, I get "Internal data flow
error" due to following reason :

   1. After adding video pad of the demuxer dynamically, appsrc
   renegotiation is getting called
   2. The caps video/x-flv are received by flvdemux sink & then forwarded
   to src pad
   3. Src pad says that negotiation failed, and stores the event as pending
   since it is a sticky event
   4. In future, whenever we try to push any data through the src pad, it
   checks all the pending sticky events & says that negotiation failed

What am I missing here? Is it a bug?

Thanks in anticipation

--
-Bilva

"Life is a constant; it is our reaction to it that is the variable." --
Will Spencer