Change location of filesrc dinamically

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Jun 10 22:35:32 PDT 2013

Le lundi 10 juin 2013 à 12:05 -0300, Lautaro Woites a écrit :
> Ok, thanks, maybe a custom element will be the best alternative.
> I've read about gnonlin and it can change a src with precisely control
> of time, but I don't sure if I can change the srcs of gnonlin when
> the gnlcomposition is already in playing state.

Currently you cannot do any change to your composition while in playing
state. In 1.0 (GNL for 1.0 is not out yet) work has been started to
introduce commits that would let you do that.

> For example, if I want to add and play a new video while the pipeline
> is playing another video.
> 1) Is this possible with gnonlin?

Not currently.

> 2) On gstreamer 1.0,  What is the best alternative to do this? gnonlin
> is supported on 1.0?

In 1.0 this will eventually be supported in GNL. The only other
alternative would be to code this yourself, but be advised that this is
a little more difficult then it looks like.

Nicolas