Getting size size with playbin2

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:11:19 PDT 2013

There doesn't seem to be a direct way to get the video size (its
resolution, not byte size) in GStreamer.  I'm not sure how to do this.
It seems I have to watch for some signal from the pipeline (I'm using
playbin2) which is emitted when that information becomes available.  But
which signal?  And once it's emitted, how do I extract that information?

It all seems awfully round-about for such a simple operation, and it's
not clear at all how to proceed with this.  Any hints?

I'm on GStreamer 0.10.36.