udp and rtp on Windows 7 32-bit

beritzi bruce.ritzi at mauiimaging.com
Thu Jun 13 11:07:25 PDT 2013

I installed the latest gstreamer SDK (2012.11). I'm happy to find the python
bindings working. However, I can not get any of the networking working. I am
running a pipeline on a FreeBSD system which sends video using a TCP plugin.
Unfortunately it appears that the TCP plugins for Windows have not been
developed. So I was thinking I need to switch to RTP. I was able to get a
basic RTP test pipeline working on my Linux virtual machine but for the life
of me can not for Windows. It appears to be running but no packets are
generated. On the server side I have this,

gst-launch videotestsrc ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! rtpmp4vpay ! udpsink
host=192.168.10.104 port=5000 -v

I have a network sniffer and I see no packets. It is not a firewall issue
since I can do the same thing with just raw UDP socket and it works. I've
done the same pipeline in a python script and monitored the udpsink
properties. The bytes-served property shows the bytes increasing so it
thinks it is sending packets to the client.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?