Dynamically updating filesink location at run-time, on the fly

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 01:11:14 PDT 2013

I suppose it looks complicated - but only because I've detailed every step in
English, in C it would look a lot more concise. In the code there's only 2
more functions to create; the blocked handler & EOS handler - which between
them call a dozen or so functions.

Loving your solution btw.

Correct: pad blocking allows elements downstream of the block to be changed
without data loss. Have a look at part-block.txt in the docs/design
directory. The bin make it easier to create mux->filesink elements & trap
the EOS, as Nicolas said.

Edward - I looked at key-unit-event but dropped the idea as I was not sure
that this event would not occur naturally in a pipeline. Maybe you know: is
a key-unit-event guaranteed not to occur in a pipeline other than
programmatically by my app ??

Cheers,

Paddy