Wondering about "private" pads appearing on my VOB file.

dex evanandrewrose at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 13:47:24 PDT 2013

I have right now a VOB file that I'm reading from appsrc. It then gets
demultiplexed and is sent to an autovideosink and an autoaudiosink. This all
worked prior to demultiplexing, but once I demultiplexed it, appsrc would
not send the "needs-data" signal. I checked out the pads that are being
created by my demultiplexer, and I noticed that it's creating a private_1
pad and a private_2 pad. I'm assuming that maybe the reason my appsrc is not
requesting more data is because the data that would usually be leaving
through private_1 and private_2 pads is being held up because I'm not
attaching them to anything, but I can't find any thing to describe to me
what these pads are for or how to deal with them.

I did, however, find that VOBs contain "private data", which is what makes
VOBs differ from MPEGs, but I still don't know how to handle them with
gstreamer. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very
grateful.