playbin : no mp4 sound

Otwoh a.guiavarch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 07:27:17 PDT 2013

Hello.

I'm developping a c++ application for reading youtube video with gstreamer.
I'm using gstreamer 0.10 on windows 8. I use a playbin2 element.

I succeeded to display video output, but I can't get any audio chanel. It
appears that the problem is only due to mp4 files.
When I tried the simple command line :
gst-launch.exe playbin2 uri="file:///my_video_file"
it works very vell with a .avi file. But with a .mp4 file, there is no
sounds played !

I searched for a few hours, but I didn't found any similar problem on the
web.
I also tried to change the audio-sink with a custom audiobin with a
audioconverter and audiosample, or with an explicit audio type...