How to send a RTCP FIR?

Sergio López s.lopez at solaiemes.com
Mon Jun 24 08:30:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a pipeline which receives rtp encoded in vp8. Many times, the vp8dec
element  shows the message "No keyframe, skipping" until a new keyframe is
sent by the other side. I read that with a RTCP FIR you can force to the
remote to send you a new keyframe when it receives this packet.

The problem is that I don't know how to send this kind of packets to the
other endpoint. Must I do something special in this element (vp8dec)?

The gstreamer's version I'm using is 0.10.36.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Sergio