How to send a RTCP FIR?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Jun 25 13:17:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

First, you probably want to use RFC 4585 NACK PLI instead of RFC 5104
FIR (or RFC 2032 FIR, those are only defined for H.261) for this
use-case.

To do that with GStreamer:
1. add a field named "rtcp-fb-nack-pli" to your rtp caps, so if you send
H264 with PT 96, you'd have something like:
application/x-rtp, payload=(int)96, encoding-name=(string)H264,
clock-rate=(int)90000, rtcp-fb-nack-pli=(int)1

2. Make sure that your decoder sends an upstream GstForceKeyUnit event
when it detects an image loss (note: gst-libav still doesn't do that).

Olivier