Controlling the playback duration of audio samples demuxed from an MPEG TS

George Demetriades gdemetriades at friendmts.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 03:18:00 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to demultiplex an MPEG transport stream into two
separate gstreamer pipelines - one for video decoding, and one for audio
decoding - which both feed into their own appsink to pass the raw data back
to my own program. At the moment, I'm using the "flutsdemux"element from
the Fluendo Gstreamer pack. While it does do the job of splitting the
signal as I'd hoped, I'm having some difficulty controlling the size of the
output buffers.

It is integral to my own program that the audio buffer is passed from the
demuxer at the same rate as the video buffer; or, in other words, the time
duration of the unencoded audio samples passed back by the appsink matches
the duration taken by one video frame.

For example, if my incoming video is 25 FPS, I would like to also get 25
audio buffers per second, such that the two match up temporally.

Does anyone know of a way that I can control the output buffer size from
"flutsdemux"? Failing that, could anyone recommend an alternative solution
to the problem?

Many thanks,
George