How to create a new plugin for Android.

Haiming Wang whm_buaa at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 06:16:00 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

   Firstly I'd like to thank you all very much for the help you have given me .

   I'm now trying to write a camera source plugin  for Android.

   I have read "GStreamer Plugin Writer's Guide (1.0.6)" at http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/index.html   , and understand how to write a simple plugin,and make it run on Linux/Windows.

   I also know how to build the android sdk from source with Cerbero.

   But as we know, cerbero will fetch the source code automatically , there is no a development environment for android plugin.

   Can anyone tell me  the brief procedure about how to write a plugin for android? How the environment should be?  Or at least, if I write a plugin on PC, how should I build the .so for android ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Haiming Wang