How to track down assertion failures

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Mar 1 08:12:58 PST 2013

I'm using 0.10 to display an RTSP video stream with a pipeline that looks like this:
   rtspsrc name=src \
     src. ! tee name=v-t \
       v-t. ! queue ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! ffdec_h264 ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=240,height=120 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink  \
     src. ! tee name=a-t \
       a-t. ! queue ! rtpmpadepay ! mpegaudioparse ! fakesink

Once it gets going, I get a slew of these errors:n
   GStreamer-CRITICAL **: _gst_util_uint64_scale_int: assertion `num >= 0' failed

How can I track down which of the NNNN uses of that function is
throwing this assertion?

Thanks