x264enc iFrame location

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Mar 2 03:24:15 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 20:00 -0800, E.J wrote:

> Basically, I am asking if there is a way to configure x264enc so the GOP
> (Group of Picture) will match the input stream one's.

Not really. The input stream doesn't really have a concept of GOPs (any
keyframe/delta-unit flags on raw video frame buffers are there more by
accident than by design). There are, however, events you can insert into
the stream to force the encoder to output a keyframe next, which you
could probably use to achieve this.

Cheers
-Tim