Gstreamer plugin

Paul d'AUBIGNY visechelle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 02:34:11 PST 2013

Hi Tajouri,

In my mind there is no problem with your chain function but filesrc cannot
link its src pad to your element's sink pad for some reasons, how did you
handle your element's pads template? Could you send the .c of your element?
FYI, the chain function is there to handle buffers reaching your sink pad
and do some processing on this buffer, in the case of your chain function,
the buffer is just pushed on your element's src pad without doing anything
previously, you could add some code before gst_pad_push depending on what
you want to achieve.
Another point is that according  to your chain function prototype, you are
using GStreamer 0.1, I would recommend you to directly use GStreamer 1.0.

Cheers,

Paul