Pipeline Says it's Playing, but It's Not

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 02:00:45 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 15:55 -0800, Wes Miller wrote:

> I find I can force the pipeline to stop by halting the loop, deref-ing the
> pipeline then derefing the  loop.

you stop a pipeline by setting its state to GST_STATE_NULL.

> In trying this approach I used the GST_IS_ELEMENT macro to see if the
> pipeline pointer was still valid and caused a critical warning/error to
> popup (GST_IS_ELEMENT(element) failed, I think).  Took that back out and I
> get no critical complaints.

That sounds like you're feeding an invalid pointer or an already-free
object to the macro. The macro can only be used on valid GObjects or
NULL pointers, it might crash or spew warnings for anything else.

Perhaps there's a refcount bug somewhere, possibly in your code?

Cheers
 -Tim