Change location of filesrc dinamically

Lautaro Woites lauchapc87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 07:24:14 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am new to gstreamer and I writing a gstreamer app (0.10.35) on python. My
app shows a video on the screen using the next pipeline:

filesrc ! decodebin2 ! queue2 ! videoscale ! capsfilter
caps="video/x-raw-yuv height=640, width=480" !

The decoder and the queue are linked dinamically using the "pad-added"
signal.

I tryed to change the location property on the filesrc but is not possible.
Also I tryed to use a multifilesrc and change the location property but
didn't work.

Now I'm trying to create and link a new filesrc. This are the steps I'm
following:

    1) set the STATE of the old filesrc to NULL
    2) create a new filesrc and set the new location to it.
    3) unlink the old filesrc with the decoder
    4) unlink the decoder with the queue
    5) link the new filesrc with the decoder
    6) set the STATE of the new filesrc to PLAYING

This didn't work. The decoder "pad-added" callback is not called and the
pipeline is paused because a not-linked error on the old filsesrc

My questions are:
1) How Can unlink the old filesrc and link the new one dinamically?
2) What are the best approach to change the video source location?