Still stuck

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Thu Mar 7 07:39:06 PST 2013

On 7 Mar 2013, at 15:20, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Sorry if this is an old record, but I'm getting nowhere...
>
> Why does this pipeline work:
>  gst-launch -e -vvv shmsrc socket-path=/tmp/shm-stream.sock \
>    ! "application/x-rtp, sampling=(string)YCbCr-4:2:2, width=(string)720, height=(string)480, payload=(int)96" \
>    ! rtpvrawdepay \
>    ! fakesink
>
> and this one does not?
>  gst-launch -e -vvv shmsrc socket-path=/tmp/shm-stream.sock \
>    ! "application/x-rtp, sampling=(string)YCbCr-4:2:2, width=(string)720, height=(string)480, payload=(int)96" \
>    ! rtpvrawdepay \
>    ! ffenc_mpeg4 \
>    ! fakesink
>
> Note: I only added the mpeg4 encoder element which is compatible
> and there are no errors/complaints.
>
> The elements all have compatible [default] caps and it should
> just work.  If I trade the 'shmsrc'+'rtpvrawdepay' for something
> like 'videotestsrc', both can work.

First of all I haven't read through your previous emails, so apologies
for that. What do you mean by "doesn't work"? What are the symptoms?
What steps have you taken to investigate the problem -- have you enabled
debug logging, and what has that told you?

If these questions are answered on a previous thread, then please follow
up on that thread, or post a link. If those threads are very extensive,
then maybe you could summarise the discussion so far.

Sorry for being unhelpful. :-)