Gstreamer 1.0 audio and video sinks for Android

arnaud collard arnaud.collard at nxp.com
Thu Mar 7 08:36:50 PST 2013

Hello all,

I am a little bit lost with Gstreamer versions supported on Android, and more particularly with regard to audio and video sinks.
I know that Android SDK is based on Gstreamer 0.10 but I would be interested by 1.0 version.
Looking at 1.05 plugin-bad package, I found OpenSL ES audio sink and  OpenGL ES video sink, but with further inverstigation it looks like thay are in fact not ported to 1.0.

Could somebody confirm that these two elements are not yet available on Gstreamer 1.0?
If so is there any kind of plan for that?

Best regards,
Arnaud