gst-element-maker

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Mar 7 16:12:59 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 05:51:04PM -0300, Carla Dias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new in gstreamer plugins. I'm following the GStreamer Plugin Writer's
> Guide and using gstreamer 1.0.5. I saw the fix-me note on section '3.2.
> Using the Project Stamp' recommending to use gst-element-maker insted
> make_element. So when I used it I got the bellow errors:
>
> st-plugin/src (master *%=) $
> ~/Projects/gst-plugins-bad-1.0.5/tools/gst-element-maker myfilter
> basetransform
> head: illegal line count -- -1
> head: illegal line count -- -1
> head: illegal line count -- -1

I assume that you're not on Linux, otherwise your 'head' command would
support -n -1.  Please file a bug report on this and assign it to me.

In any case, gst-element-maker hasn't been updated for 1.0, except for a
small number of base classes, and only in git.  However, basetransform
is one of them, so you're in luck.

David