[0.10] gst-plugins-base: videodecoder: *misc*

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 15:20:04 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-10 at 04:26 -0700, Josep Torra wrote:

Hi,

> Module: gst-plugins-base
> Branch: 0.10
>
> videodecoder: misc video decoder patches
>
> Conflicts:
> 	gst-libs/gst/video/gstvideodecoder.c

I'm strongly opposed to doing any more changes to the 0.10 git branch
that are not trivially obvious and important or fix critical issues
(crashes or security fixes). Yes, there are still many bugs in that
branch, including some regression, but every change risks breaking stuff
again elsewhere, which causes additional noise and maintenance burden.

I'm especially opposed to changes in any base classes.

I don't mind if you want to hack on the 0.10 branch in gst-omx, but just
make it use the local copy of the video decoders unconditionally there
then and let that be it.

 Cheers
  -Tim