gst-vaapi and opengl again

Jorge jorgefm at cirsa.com
Tue Mar 12 00:13:12 PDT 2013

Hi Nicolas, thanks for answering!

Could you clarify a little more about the GstVideoContext and GstSurface
role, I would like to know
what is going on?

About the GstVideoContext, in my little X11 application, where I open the
display, I do the 'gst_bus_set_sync_handler'
in order to call 'gst_video_context_set_context_pointer' and set the same
display, but is it needed in order to create
an opengl context in the vaapi side?

And about the GstSurface... are you talking about GstSurfaceBuffer? How this
arrive to my application?
If I use an playbin2 pipeline, is it needed to implement a video sink, like
the ClutterGstVideoSink in order to receive this
buffer or the vaapisink is able to export them?

And my last one, Are the clutter libraries needed? I would like to minimize
the amount of libraries on my custom
system, and I would like to avoid pango, cogl, clutter etc, and let the
basic ones.

Thanks!
Jorge