Gstreamer plugin

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 02:20:18 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 01:37 -0700, tajourim wrote:

Hi,

> I am new in gsteamer plugin. I want to know how I can registry my plugin to
> let the autoplugger decodebin2 detect it ?
> NOTE: My plugin is correctly loaded by gst-inspect and my media type is
> h264.

a) make sure gst-inspect lists it

b) make sure the sink pad template caps are right

c) make sure you pass a rank to gst_element_register(), such as
GST_RANK_PRIMARY + 100 or so.

d) make sure your element has the right markers in the element 'klass'
which you can check with

   gst-inspect-{0.10,1.0} yourelement | grep Klass

   For a video decoder that should contain all three of

      Codec/Decoder/Video

   in any order.

You can do

  GST_DEBUG=*decode*:6 gst-launch-{0.10,1.0} uridecodebin
uri=file:///path/to/foo ! fakesink

to see what elements decodebin2 is looking at.

Cheers
 -Tim