Video sync via GstClock

Andreas Rödig a.roedig at null821.de
Tue Mar 12 08:35:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

>> yes i try this before. But it does not work.
>
> What exactly/how does it not work?

What i try to do: Two videos (master and slave) should play to the
millisecond. But the play always at their own clock...

I think: If i play the master and then start the slave, the slave should
jump to the current position of the master.

> The usual usage pattern is to have a net time provider (usually based on
> a system clock), and then do gst_pipeline_use_clock() with net client
> clocks on all pipelines to be synchronised. You will also have to handle
> distribution of the base time of the master by some external means.

I have the possibility to transfer the basetime of the master (the
gst_clock_get_time(clock_of_pipeline)) to the slave.

I set it then with
netclock=gst_net_client_clock_new("clientclock", ip_adress, 5637,
basetime_of_master);
gst_pipeline_use_clock((GstPipeline*)pipeline,netclock);

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Andreas