Video sync via GstClock

Andreas Rödig a.roedig at null821.de
Tue Mar 12 09:41:20 PDT 2013

Hi Marc,

ok, more details:

I have one or many videos. All of this videos have the same length.
Every video runs on another pc.

Then i start all of this videos at the same time. But sometimes they
will not be at the same frame.

So, my idea was: I have one master or time provider and all other
pc/gstreamer pipelines have to sync to the same frame position as the
master pc.

At the moment i try to transfer the position of on master/gstreamer
pipeline via socket to another gstreamer application.

With gst_clock_set_calibration i can set the slave gstreamer clock to
forward to the received master position. But not backwards.

Thanks,
Andreas Rödig