Media Player

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Wed Mar 13 04:45:14 PDT 2013

On 13 Mar 2013, at 09:33, mohammadreza wrote:
> If I write a C code for a media player like gst-launch ,
> how I can compile this ?where?how?

If you don't know how to compile C code, then you are going to find
GStreamer *incredibly* painful. It is not user-friendly; it is a power
tool for experienced developers.

If you're keen to proceed anyway, you'll need to understand the role of
the preprocessor vs. the compiler vs. the linker; makefiles; etc. If
you're using a Unix system (Linux, Mac OS X, ...) then you could start
by reading this: http://david.rothlis.net/c/compilation_model/

Continuing with the assumption of a Unix system, next you'll need to
learn about your system's package manager: What it calls the
"development" packages that include the GStreamer header files to build
against and the libraries to link against, and how to install those
packages.

Next you'll need to understand GObject, an object-oriented system built
on top of C. I don't really know where to point you here other than
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GObject and
https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/stable/

Then you can start reading the GStreamer "Application Development
Manual". It is the first link at
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/

Cheers,
Dave.