fragmented mp4mux output play by mplayer

sagark skhurana333 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 10:23:06 PDT 2013

When I try to play a fragmented video file being generated by mp4mux (
pipeline is still running while I am playing), the mplayer stops playing it
after a while in mid way. The command to execute is as below. Re-playing the
same file again, after some more transcoding is done, plays it fully without
any problem.

Question is why does mplayer stops playing the file first time? Is it
because xcoding is slower than the play speed? This does not seem to be the
case as 83 seconds video is completing transcoding in 37 seconds.

Or play stops because moof boxes updation is happening while xocding is in
progress and mplayer does not know about updated moov atom ?

comamnd (dont worry about audio)
gst-launch-0.10 uridecodebin uri=file://home/agreatman/abc.webm name=decoder
! queue ! x264enc speed-preset=2 ! mp4mux name=mux fragment-duration=10000 !
filesink location=/home/agreatman/op.mp4 decoder.

When I change fragment-duration values the  play stops at different
durations though there is no pattern.

Thx in advance.