multiplexed and bundled rtp / rtcp

bryandonnovan at gmail.com bryandonnovan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 10:08:21 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm new to gstreamer (v 1.0 on ubuntu) and  trying to understand a concept
with udpsrc and rtp

All of the examples that I have see show different payload types, rtc &
rtcp on separate ports.  However, in practice, these are often all on the
same port.

But the udpsrc caps description includes a payload type, clock-rate, mime
type all specific to just one of the multplixed streams.

I've looks like rtpbin can demultiplex the RTP/RTCP/payloads/SSRCs into
dynamic pads.

So I think that what I want is a udpsrc that specifies only the port number
and feeds the rtpbin, then to assign types to the dynamic output pads to
feed the decoders / muxers downstream.

Can someone help me understand this concept?

The udpsrc will be receiving VP8/Opus RTP, along with RTCP for each payload
type.  I want to turn that into a WebM file.

If I demux the PTs on the sending side, for example, send only Opus on a
sigle port with no RTCP then I can transcode and mux without a problem.
 But when other data is multiplexed in, I get an error from the udpsrc and
the pipeline exits.

Thanks for any advice.