Asset management with GStreamer Editing Services.

Thibault Saunier thibault.saunier at collabora.com
Tue Mar 19 15:56:23 PDT 2013

> Thanks for the reply. GESProject seems to save by timeline, so does
> this mean that any assets which aren't included in the timeline don't
> get saved? If not, GESProject with a blank timeline sounds like it'd
> do the job for me.
Not sure what you mean by "GESProject seems to save by timeline",
A GESProject is used to manipulate a coherent set of GESAssets and
a particular timeline. If you want to save a project, it will save both
the timeline and the assets yes, if you only care about the assets, and
want to always create blank timeline, you can indeed always save blank
empty timelines. Using NULL as a timeline will not work, but I can think
about handling that use case (also patches are welcome :))