ASF for Windows Live Movie Maker

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 04:14:54 PDT 2013

2013/3/21 Eberhard Hackl <eberhard.hackl at inunum.com>:

> Hello,
>

> I try to generate with help of the gStremer 0.10 an ASF Container including
> wmv. Therefore I am using the pipeline
>

> gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=800,height=600,framerate=30/1 ! ffenc_wmv2 ! asfmux
> name=m streamable=true ! filesink location=wmv_2_test.wmv
>

> The result file (see attachment) can be shown by the Windows Media Player
> but not by the Windows Live Movie Maker.  Is there something wrong in my
> pipeline!? Why can the Live Movie Maker not interpret the file

Apparently the same happens to MP4 files created with GStreamer in
Movie Maker. Some users of LongoMatch already complained about this
but I never had time to look at it in deep. And I think it's going to
be hard to debug too as Movie Maker is a black box and both ASF and
MP4 should be valid files respecting the specs.

Andoni

> Best Regards,
>
> Eberhard
>

> Mag. Eberhard Hackl