Changing filesrc of a running pipeline

Jorge jorgefm at cirsa.com
Fri Mar 22 00:09:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to change the playing video of a pipeline, and for this I change the
filesrc element. Before I do that I go to the GST_STATE_READY state, then do
the change and then I go to GST_STATE_PLAYING state. This works ok but there
is a variable time lapse until the new video is played.

If I change the sequence to go to GST_STATE_NULL, change the filesrc and
then go to GST_STATE_PLAYING there is no time before I can see the video
playing but all resources are released.

Then my question is, there is any way to use the first sequence
(ready-change-playing) and avoid this variable slowdown? I mean some kinds
of flush or something else, because I've noted that this time is longer or
smaller depending on the playing position of the stream just before be
changed (near to the beginning of the stream the longer time)

Thanks