Error creating a new NetClientClock

Gordon Nickel gordon.nickel at downstream.com
Mon Mar 25 13:45:07 PDT 2013

Thanks for the reply, Nicolas.

I implemented the Gstreamer SDK into my app (after much co-ercing and
dependency crawling, my project is pretty large without Gstreamer).

Unfortunately, I'm still a critical error trying to create a
NetClientClock, though it is a different error this time. Adding this line:

GstClock* clock = gst_net_client_clock_new("clientClock", "192.168.1.101",
4200, (GstClockTime)0);

Produces: GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gstsystemclock: write control failed in
wakeup_async: 13:Permission denied

I made sure to allow everything through Windows Firewall and give gstreamer
write access to it's own directories. I also attempted to create a
netclientclock in the Gstreamer SDK tutorial apps with the same result as
above.

Are there alternatives to NetClientClock for
multiple-computer synchronization? What about distributing the current time
myself and applying that to timelines?

- Gordon

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Nicolas Dufresne <
nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> **
> Le vendredi 22 mars 2013 à 18:53 -0700, gordeaoux a écrit :
>
>  I'm using the OSS Builds for Windows, version 0.10.6 (0.10.7 didn't seem
> contain ffmpeg and I couldn't locate a working 1.0.x build for Windows).
>

> This seems old, I would suggest to try with the GStreamer SDK from
> gstreamer.com. You will find more recent builds of GStreamer 0.10 for
> Windows there.
>
> regards,
> Nicolas

*