bzip2 and zlib headers

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Thu Mar 28 04:56:14 PDT 2013

On 28 Mar 2013, at 07:05, yusuf.husainy wrote:
> I do not know how to determine whether zlib and bzip2 library/headers are
> installed or not on my workstation. I need to install then in order to make
> the gstreamer pipeline work on the androis device.
>
> GStreamer      : [LINK] => gst-build/libgstreamer_android.so
> libavformat/matroskadec.c:995: error: undefined reference to
> 'BZ2_bzDecompressInit'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This output indicates that it is a linker error, not a compiler error;
so the error is not related to headers but to the libavformat / bzip2
libraries you're linking against. (Read
http://david.rothlis.net/c/compilation_model/ if you don't know what
means.)

I'm not familiar with your specific situation (android / NDK) so I'm
only guessing here, but it might be an incompatibility between your
versions of GStreamer / libavformat / bzip2.