raw mpeg to mjpeg transcoding using the gstreamer plugin

Matt Pekar mpekar at raineyelectronics.com
Thu May 2 11:18:41 PDT 2013

You'll first need to clarify whether you're trying to construct an MJPEG
stream (which is usually transported over HTTP), or a sequence of JPEG
files on your file system.  They are two different things.

If you need a sequence of files, try using the multifilesink element:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-multifilesink.html

Getting an mjpeg going is a bit more involved, and you can't do it using
gst-launch AFAIK.