Confusion regarding SEGMENT in GStreamer

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu May 9 23:48:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

  If the stop position is unspecified in a segment, then any buffer
timestamp (greater than the specified start position) is valid.

  An easier solution is to use GstSegment and gst_segment_clip to figure
out if a buffer timestamp is valid or not. Just feed the incoming
segment events into GstSegment and let it handle the logic for you :)

   Edward