Error not be thrown

Mohamed Salim Mohamed Ayub al.mohamed.salim at gmail.com
Tue May 14 00:41:30 PDT 2013

I have a decoder plug-in that will throw an error using
GST_ELEMENT_ERROR (core->object,STREAM, FORMAT,
                                                ("Invalid data format
presented"),
                                                ("Input file is
corrupted",  num_corrupted_frame_allowed));
when there is error found in the video frame.

In my application I try to catch the error,by
    g_signal_connect (strBus, "message::error", (GCallback) error_received,
Pipeline);

IN error_received, I check for Error->domain to be GST_STREAM_ERROR and
then check for STATUS_ERROR_MEDIA_FORMAT to stop playback.

However, even though plug-in executes  GST_ELEMENT_ERROR, my erro handling
never enters error_received.

Any hint what might be going wrong?