FLUSH event probe on a sink pad

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at gmail.com
Tue May 14 04:10:42 PDT 2013

Hi,

Is there any particular reason for GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_EVENT_FLUSH probe
being activated on src pads but *not* on sink pads?

In gst_pad_push_event_unchecked() there's PROBE_PUSH for all events but in
gst_pad_send_event_unchecked() for all *except* FLUSH ones.

What I'm trying to do is to catch some events of my interest (segment,
flush-*) on the sink pad of the first element in my custom bin as I need to
react on them in my app.  Is there any better way to achieve this other
than a probe?

Any hints are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Kris