Dealing with unwanted source pads.

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:13:22 PDT 2013

This might be a real dumb question, but I've run into an issue where my
pipeline refuses to play, and I suspect its because my source has multiple
audio streams.

Right now in my pad-added handler I attach an audio sink to the first audio
pad that shows up, and a video sink to the first video pad, and simply
ignore all other pads.

Right now I'm getting a 'Not-negotiated' error in a pipeline where it turns
out the source has six separate audio tracks AND a subtitle track. I'm just
ignoring most of these and I'm wondering if that's correct, or if there is
something I'm supposed to do in my pad-added handler to indicate that I
don't want what a pad has to offer.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.